My 6 foot metal robot school art project


So a teenage me, in the yorkshire dales inspired by scifi but surrounded by industrial farming could only produce one thing for an A-Level art project...

 A freaking giant robot sculpture.


 


Starting with my crude sketches and "CAD" models (aka truespace models lol)






The finished article in all it's scrap metal glory.



He's mostly box section mild steel (that I learned to weld during the project) and a bunch of scrap sourced from various locations around the Yorkshire dales.






A young me standing proud with my creation





He even won some competitions and went on exhibition in Birmingham






He currently proudly stands guard in my dad's garden, gathering rust and looking even more epic with age (why can't we all).






Even managed to get a half decent photo scan (of his head)

 



To this day he's still one of my favorite creations, and fully intend to make another at some point 😏





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Umur & North Chinese Leopard reference - Big Cat Sanctuary - High res video

old stone barn - photogrammetry